TFD Fanmix Contest

/
1 Comments
It’s time for a new guild contest! This time around, we’re having a fanmix contest!

What is a fanmix?
A fanmix is a compilation of songs inspired by a fannish source, like a TV show, a character, or a pairing. [Source]

Rules:
  • 1) The album must relate in some way to Guild Wars 2. For example, center it around:
    • Your character(s)
    • The Fragile Dragons / Guildie(s)
    • Your favourite in-game OTP (for example: Tiny Belen/Arlien, Countess Anise/Canach or even Queen Jennah/Her Dirty Feet)
    • World boss(es)
    • Your minion(s) / pet(s) / mini(s)
    • Profession(s) (are you a trustworthy engineer?)
    • Skills
    • Etc. etc.
  • 2) You should have between 5 and 15 songs per album. You can submit albums with less or more but they won’t count towards the prize.
  • 3) Make a front album cover. Slap one together using Photoshop, MSPaint, Sumo or blood & tears.
  • 4) Make either a back album cover ~or~ a special insert (think lyrics, biography, bonus art, jokes, etc.).
  • 5) Include the track listing (on your album cover or included separately).
  • 6) Provide a link to the individual songs or full playlist from Youtube, 8tracks or wherever you can find the songs. As long as there’s a place to hear the music you’ve compiled anything goes. :)
  • 7) Have more than one artist on the album. It’s a mix, after all.
  • 8) Don’t submit an album that already exists. This contest is all about getting creative!
  • 9) Include some information with your fanmix. Who or what is it about? What’s the reason it’s put together this way? Some crazy awesome witty quote? IDK, make something up. Entertain me, perhaps. :P
  • 10) Submit as many fanmixes as you’d like! The number of entries per person is infinite. The more you submit, the higher your chances are to win. :o
  • 11) And I think it goes without saying: I won't be listening to full 10 hour songs. But feel free to include them. I won't stop you.


When should I submit my fanmix(es)?

The contest will run from July 30th, 2015 to August 20th, 2015 @ 11:59PM/CT. So you have plenty of time to come up with the perfect stuff! :)

Where & how do I submit my fanmix(es)?

When you’re done putting your glorious fanmix(es) together, you can submit to me by making a page for it on this site and providing me with a link to the page. No need to get fancy with the HTML, you can use the WYSIWYG to make things easier. :)

If you want to make a page but don’t have admin/author access, please let me know before the deadline!

If you can’t make a page, send me all of the details by e-mail or skype and I’ll put together a simple page for you.

Why make a fanmix?

To win some stuff, of course!



I'm Gonna Rick Roll You, Ha Ha!

Great. Except that I'm 100% expecting this. If you don't Rick Roll me, then I'll honestly be so surprised.

Want some ideas? Lacking inspiration?

Head on over to fanmixes.tumblr.com.

Looking for some ideas to spice up your fanmix?
  • Give a name to your fanmix
  • Include bonus tracks (IDK why, but you must have a reason and it will probably be amazing)
  • Make a two disc compilation
  • Include the length of each track
  • Include / link to lyrics for each song
  • Add sound clips or sound effects as intros / outros / interludes
  • Other stuff you will magically think of because you are more creative than myself!


Check out this example fanmix I’ve made about Deviated Spectrum!

1 comment :

  1. Finished:
    http://www.fragiledragons.com/p/cambree-buttercup-fanmix.html

    ReplyDelete

Comment Options: You can add images, colored text and marquee text to your comment.

Image: [im]Image URL[/im]
Colours: [co="red"]Comment Text[/co]
Marquee: [ma]Comment Text[/ma]