The Great Fall / Gamble Conclusion

/
1 Comments


The Setup

 Hoping to take advantage of the currently low prices of Globs of Ectoplasm, Jim Shapiro has made a gamble.  Ectos sat at their lowest price since June of 2014.

Sell Price: 36 s 77 c 
Buy Price: 34 s 7 c 


Supply: 87347
Demand: 112913


http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19721 

Purchase


I put in a buy order for 1,000 ectos!  At 34s 6c a piece, that's 340g 60s invested.  That means the sell price had to hit 40s 7c to break even.

Payout


After seeing the trading post prices fluctuate up to 49 silver and then back down to 39 silver.. I figured I had waited long enough. I wasn't sure what was driving the ecto up.. but it had been very volatile lately.  This had been historically the highest ectos have been before anet had introduced an inflation killer.

It was time to cash in. 


That's a profit of 91g 30s 98c and regaining 431g 90s 98c in capital I could use for more investing.  You know.. if I wanted to lose it for sure.  Not terrible for 4 bank slots for ... 14 months :P  Although, let's watch in horror at the money I COULD have had instead as the ecto continues to rise.

Sell price: 47s 99c

Supply: 33900
Demand: 178943



1 comment :

  1. My God.... 14 months later. I had just assumed you had sold them off ages ago.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Options: You can add images, colored text and marquee text to your comment.

Image: [im]Image URL[/im]
Colours: [co="red"]Comment Text[/co]
Marquee: [ma]Comment Text[/ma]